Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Better late than never...part 3: January


Kayla fell asleep after on of our many walks with Candice while my parents were in Ontario.



Matthew and Kayla learned how to REALLY splash.  Water goes EVERYWHERE now!  (Yes, Matthew is grabbing himself.  He does it his whole bath, every day!  Weird child...)



Trying to see Daddy's iPhone.



Because they received so many bath toys as Christmas gifts, I had to empty my lower bathroom vanity door for storage for them.  This encouraged me to re-organize the entire bathroom vanity.  Medicines are now in a child-proof spot at the top of my closet.  I'm amazed Jon can still find anything...



Starting to get a little more gutsy with walking around furniture...he's learned how to stand next to the tv stand.


"Are you going to take a picture AGAIN?"


"I don't want my picture taken!"


"You said that was the last one!"


"You're so mean!"  :)


"You can take my picture, Mom!"  :)


Kayla thought we were doing a 'funny-face' picture.  (Or she's just seeing if she's inherited Jon's ability to touch his nose with his tongue).


Mandarin oranges for snack.  They LOVE them.


Gerber Graduates for snack.


Playing with the book Mrs. Heida made for her.  She absolutely loves to play with it.  Her favourite thing is to put the felt pieces in her mouth and crawl around.


There's a bit of a smile.


Matthew learned to cruise from the window sill to the couch.


Playing "Peekaboo Barn" on Daddy's iPhone.  He loves that game (Matthew, not Jon).


Eating a carrot (supervised, of course).


Look at his nasty drool on his shirt.  Disgusting.


Proud of her carrot.


Bedtime story.



First time out in the snow.  I squished Matthew into a 3-6 month snowsuit I had so that Kayla could wear his 6-12 month one.  I'm too Dutch to buy two of the same size right now when two hand-me-down ones managed to work :)


They loved eating snow.


Matthew loved to jump in the snow.



Family picture :)



LOVE this one!


My Mom and I found Kayla's outfit at the Carter's OshKosh store in Langley for $2.99 less $20%.  I think it was $2.50 after tax.  For the entire outfit!  What a steal!



Kayla's favourite "soft" toys.  Their names are:  Baby, Matthew's Baby, Kayla's Baby, Mr. Monkey.  


Snow day 2:  I attempted to make my own sled.  I tied a yellow tarp rope to a Superstore shopping bin and pulled them around.  Matthew got to go by himself first...but when I gave it a pull he tipped over and face planted in the snow.  Rough start.  Luckily a dry toque made him happy!


Brushing their teeth with their toothbrushes.





Thank goodness the tv stand/shelving unit David built for us is strong.  They spend hours standing next to it.  I quickly gave up on getting mad at them for pressing buttons and sticking their hand in the VCR.  It's way too tempting for them.  Plus, what's the worst that can happen?


I found their matching shirts at H&M and couldn't resist buying them.  Not too often do you find matching boys and girls clothing.  



Love this picture!  A genuine smile from Kayla.  Of the 491 pictures I took in January, I think she was only smiling in 2...



So hard to get them to both cooperate for a good picture.  Sigh.



Not too often is Jon home when it's snack time, so I gave him the privilege of feeding them :)




Kayla often sits against the wall and 'chills'.


Trying to get hers and Matthew's soother clip off the bag.  She loves to suck on the strap.


Matthew smiling at something Kayla is doing.


Pulling all of the toys off the shelf....classic.



Awww....so cute.  (P.S.  I just noticed that you can see how flat the back/side of his head is in this picture).


1/2 smile.  You can tell she just woke up :)


They've discovered my bookshelf behind the couch.  Kayla loves to try to pull the books off.  Thank goodness the lower shelves are all text books so they're heavy.  


Their first time eating McDonald's french fries at the Wal-Mart in South Surrey.  They loved them.






So cute!  Again, just after her nap.  Hmm..maybe I should take pictures of her after her nap more often.  She seems to smile in these...




ALWAYS with one sock off.  ALWAYS.  


I had to babysit my cousins Taylor and Payton for a couple hours.  They found it hilarious that Matthew and Kayla kept intentionally dumping the Cheerios onto the carpet.


Reading a book under Jon's recliner.



This is what Kayla looks like when she's talking to Matthew.



We've started spending more time in the kitchen area.  It's a nice change of scenery (and different toys) for them.



Kayla found my box of empty frozen milk jars.  I pumped on January 16th for the last time!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, they are so stinkin' cute!! I love the pictures of Kayla so mad and then Matthew smiling so sweetly. SO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Kayla chills. To funny. Justins favorite toy is his toothbrush! On the picture that you love with Jon and the kids....its to bad Jon had hand/foot/mouth... ;) It still makes me laugh for some reason that he had this. Anyways...cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete