Sunday, February 12, 2012

Better late than never...part 1: Christmas!


Our classic pre-BLG Christmas dinner picture.  Kids this year!




Trying to keep Matthew and Kayla busy for long enough to cook dinner.



Kayla's main Christmas gift from Jon and I (what she doesn't know is that it is a second-hand toy I was given for free before they were born, from a couple in our church!).




Matthew's main Christmas gift from Jon and I (what he doesn't know is that it is a second-hand toy I got for free from a kids swap Facebook group I am a part of!).


Jon's gift from Matthew and Kayla: a Canucks hat, a cool toque, and some chocolates.



Some times the wrapping is more fun than the gift itself...


Trying out Kayla's gift.




I've bought a Precious Moments Christmas tree ornament for each year that Jon and I have been married.  This year I bought three: one for 2011, and one for Matthew's first Christmas and one for Kayla's first Christmas.



Their gifts from Jon and I.


Their gifts from Great-Grandma Vander Ende.


"Helping" Grandma make dessert.



Waiting patiently for the gift opening to begin with the Vander Endes.



Grandma letting Matthew and Kayla play with the ornaments on the tree.  I think she's already broken most rules that she had for us as kids...





Time to open presents!







Matthew and Kayla's gifts from the Vander Endes.  They were spoiled!  


Opening stockings on Christmas morning.  
Matthew got a toothbrush, shampoo, two books, and some 'Cars' bandaids.
Kayla got a toothbrush, toothpaste, two books, and some 'Princess' bandaids.





Relaxing after church on Christmas Day, before heading off to Mike and Pauline's to celebrate with the Struiks.


Stealing Cheerios from cousin Justin.


Envious of cousin Nick's gift.


Opening her gift.  It seems that there were no pictures taken of Matthew!  Likely because he had fallen asleep for some of the evening.  And gift opening is chaos (as to be expected with 15 grandkids!) so he must have gotten lost in the crowd :)



Oma & Opa had accidentally forgotten Matthew and Kayla's gift at home, so they opened them later that week.





Gifts from the Struiks...spoiled again!


Our Christmas card e-mail that was sent to some of our family.



I bought a new stash of cloth diapers as they had outgrown their 'smalls'.  Because it was close to Christmas I decided to buy a red one too so that they could be Christmasy :)


Kayla fell in love with the ornament she's holding. Every evening when we went to my parents' for coffee she would want to go and see it on my parents' mantle in the living room.  She knew exactly where to find it.  We were hoping that by letting her hold it we might get a smile.  Wishful thinking.


I'm going to sneakily touch the poinsettia behind me and see if anyone notices...



Gotta love a good bum shot :)



My parents' winter candy bowl.  They loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment