Wednesday, June 19, 2013

24 Weeks

I can't believe it's 24 weeks already.  That means only 15 weeks of work left - but who's counting?  The weeks seem to fly by.

This has been a big week for our family - we bought a house!  The subjects come off (hopefully) on Friday, and then we get possession next Saturday.  It has been a crazy last few days trying to get everything organized with our realtor and our finances.  Turns out it gets a little complicated getting a mortgage when your husband's employment status with the Surrey School District is "laid off as of July 1".  Sigh - oh the joys of being a new teacher!  This is a big move for Baby Struik - s/he gets her/his own bedroom!  The original plan, if we were still in this house, was for Baby Struik to start out in our bedroom (which Jon was not a fan of at all), and then move to the room with Matthew and Kayla - but that won't be the case anymore!  Anyways, crazy busy over here.  Doesn't help that I'm going camping this afternoon and won't be back until Sunday.

I feel huge.  I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but that's probably a good thing.  Probably doesn't help that we brought in Moxie's for lunch at work, and so I ate an entire turkey club and half a white chocolate brownie with ice cream.  I'm so full.  Blah.  I'm really struggling with how my shirts fit this pregnancy - it feels like they are all too small already.  How did I wear them my entire pregnancy last time?  I think it helped that I wore "comfy clothes" as soon as I got home from work, so my attire was a pair of loose pants and an over-sized t-shirt.  Now, I'm trying to stay in my regular clothes all day long.

Baby Struik is fairly active, although unlike my pregnancy with Matthew and Kayla, most of her/his movements are in my pelvic region.  With Matthew and Kayla I felt kicking all over my stomach.  It will be interesting to see if that will still happen with baby Struik, or if that was just a 'twin thing'.

Anyways, nothing else is new.  I'm hoping Jon gets home before we leave so that he can take a 24-week picture for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment