Monday, December 2, 2013

Potty Training Days 2 - 4 - Matthew

Saturday was day two of potty training.  I think because Friday had gone incredibly well (except for one poo accident at my parents' in the evening) I was counting on Saturday being the same.  I was wrong.  I was so distracted by helping Jon set up all of our Christmas decorations (including the tree) and tending to Nathan that I forgot that if Matthew didn't initiate going to the bathroom that I had to remind him.  I had taken for granted the fact that he had initiated it all the time on Friday.  Anyways, we went through three or four pairs of pants in the morning alone.  The afternoon/evening was better because I was more focused on reminding him.

Sunday was day three, and went AMAZING.  He wore a disposable diaper to church, but stayed dry the entire time and then told me when he had to go pee when we were at my grandparents' house.  He was dry the entire time he napped, had no accidents in the afternoon, and stayed dry during church in the evening.  Quite a successful day if you ask me.

Today.  Well, today has been a bit of a gong show.  I was pumping when he woke up so I couldn't take him to the bathroom, so I imagine he did his morning pee in his diaper.  When I finished pumping I dressed him and put big boy underwear on him.  For the rest of the morning he kept saying he had to do poo or pee, would sit on the potty for 10 seconds, and then would get off saying he didn't have to go.  After doing this twenty times over the course of the morning, I happened to look at him while he was jumping on the couch and noticed that he was peeing.  A big pee.  All over the couch.  I quickly put Nathan on the ground, who immediately started crying because I had been feeding him, so I told Kayla to feed him and then I would give her a candy.  I picked Matthew up and threw him onto the potty, and ran to get cloths to clean the couch.  My Mom happened to come over that very instant.  What a life saver for Nathan.  I'm sure our house seemed like mayhem that moment.  Matthew then took a full hour to eat his lunch, and then after he couldn't/refused to pee on potty I wrestled him on the ground to put a diaper on him and put him to bed for a nap.  He refused to stay in his bed, so I closed his bedroom door...which he can't open yet.  After a couple minutes he had cooled off enough to attempt to use the potty (unsuccessfully) again.  So that's today in a nut shell.  One accident, zero successes.  I'm hoping he wakes up from his nap all refreshed and ready to pee :)  Otherwise...well...maybe he WILL be difficult to train after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment