Monday, March 3, 2014

Nathan's First Stroller Ride

I was such a classic 'first-time Mom' with Matthew and Kayla, carefully trying to document and photograph every single first I could possibly think of.  Little did I know that I, who always vowed to try to be as fair as possible to all children, was setting myself up for a difficult task.  Now, I have to try and remember which 'firsts' of Matthew and Kayla's I recorded so that I can also do the same for Nathan.  I'm afraid he's probably already missing a few.  Oh well, all I can do is try my best.

Up until today, whenever I went on a walk with the kids I would put Matthew and Kayla in the stroller (we have a BOB Duallie) and I would wear Nathan in the Baby Bjorn.  Lately, this has become quite the chore.  About a month ago, I went on a walk through Tynehead with the kids (with a couple friends from work).  At the end of our walk, about 45 minutes later, I was exhausted.  Pushing a stroller with 60lbs of kid in it, plus wearing another 17lbs (at the time) when you are not in shape is hard work.  Since then, I've been on the lookout for a single stroller.  If I'm with my Mom on a walk, she can push one stroller and I the other.  Or, if I'm by myself, Matthew and Kayla could walk and I could push just Nathan.  The last thing I wanted to do was push a double stroller around with only one kid in it.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my BOB...but it is quite wide and the basket isn't as accessible as I would like.

I found (what I think is) a great deal on my swap, so now I'm the proud owner of two strollers.  I never would have thought I would own more than one stroller!  Thank goodness for a garage to store them in

Jon and I took the kids on a walk after dinner, and it was SO NICE.  It was so enjoyable not having to wear 19lbs.  I felt like I could have run the entire walk.  Not that I could have...but I felt like I could have :).

This was also Nathan's very first time in a stroller...and so here are the pictures to document it :)



(Matthew and Kayla take the worst photos right now!  They say 'cheese', but Kayla always looks away, as if she doesn't have time for the photo, and Matthew always squints his eyes almost closed and raises his chin up.  SO ANNOYING!  But cute, I guess?  Just makes getting a 'good' photo of them a little more challenging.  Thank goodness for digital cameras!

No comments:

Post a Comment