Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"This is Stupid"

The nice thing about having a family business (BLG) is that Jon can pick up some extra days of work when the school has holidays.  Because it's Matthew and Kayla's birthday today, we decided that today would be a day where he didn't work, so that we could have a fun day with them.  I wanted to do something out of the ordinary for them, to make today a little different than normal.  They're still a little young for a bunch of activities, and I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, so I decided that we would check out the playground at Langley Events Centre.  We've never been there before and so I thought they would really enjoy it, especially being able to visit a playground with Jon.

After they opened their gift from us this morning, we headed for Langley Events Centre.  Jon and I had a slight disagreement over how to get to the playground, so I let him try his way, accessing it from the north side of LEC.  As we're driving through the parking lot to get to the south side of LEC to get to the playground (meaning I was right...but I always am!), Kayla was getting frustrated that it was taking so long to get there...and blurted out, "This is stupid."  Her first 'swear' word.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment