Saturday, March 1, 2014

Playing the Piano

Matthew loves playing my parents' piano.  Kayla enjoys it too, but Matthew is always the first to play, and he often asks me to play for him, while he's sitting on my lap or beside me.

Today, while I was grocery shopping with my Mom, Jon sat at the piano with Matthew and Kayla.  Matthew pulled some sheet music out of the piano bench (the music I always play for him) and asked Jon to play it.  When Jon said that he didn't know how to, Kayla looked him straight in the eye and said, "Well then get off."

Too cute.

3 comments:

  1. Laura!! How on EARTH did I not know you had a blog until right now?!?! I love it!!! That story is super funny. Also, I can totally remember you and I playing the piano at your parents! I can picture it against the wall facing the backyard in their living room. Is it still there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, still in the exact same spot! The first memory that comes to mind of you being at my parents' house is you falling off of the trampoline and landing on your back...and me laughing about it. LOL. The first memory that comes to mind of being at your parents' house is convincing you that it would be fun to organize your dresser drawer that had all random things in it. I'm such a loser. I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't my favourite thing to do, still. I'm constantly changing things around. Today: I re-organized the toy room (first the 4th time in 7 months). Good luck finding your toys, Matthew and Kayla. haha. I hope you enjoy the blog. It's not something that was ever intended for more than a handful of people to read, but I've slowly become more open into having others' know more about our journey to having kids. :)

      Delete
    2. Hahahahah!! Oh man...the trampoline!!! I've tried to put that out of my memory...I remember we used to go on that trampoline ALL the time. That is so funny that you remember wanting to organize my drawers! I don't remember that at all!

      I think blogging is fun for both yourself and for others to read. I really enjoy reading about peoples day to day lives!! :) I am adding yours to my daily reading list now - hehehe

      Delete