Friday, August 1, 2014

Conversation with Kayla, While Picking Blueberries

*There is another new post below this one.*

My parents have a large garden.  I think their garden is the same size as the main floor of my house.  My house is not large, but if it were a garden, that would be considered large.  ANYWAYS.  In their garden they have a little bit of everything.  I'm cheap, so I like to pick and freeze what I can of the produce.  Especially fruit.  Strawberry season has been done for a little bit now, and now we're on the tail-end of the blueberry season.  THANK GOODNESS.  I mean, SHUCKS.  No really though, I'm getting tired of picking blueberries every other day.  I'm so cheap that I don't want them to go to waste, so if none of my siblings want any, I pick them.  Luckily, picking is pretty fast now as the bushes are almost done.  If I'm lucky, Matthew and Kayla will help me. They're great helpers, when they feel like it.  I never force them to help me, but more often than not they're willing to help me out for 10 minutes or so.  They love bringing me handfuls and dumping it in my bucket, exclaiming that they found "Beauts" (our way of saying 'beautiful ones').

Anyways, Kayla was helping me pick this evening, so I decided to do some mother-daughter bonding.  Candice had taken both her and Matthew to the dollar store just before dinner, so I asked her about it.

Me:  "What did Auntie Candice buy you from the dollar store?"
Kayla:  "A sucker.:"
Me:  "What?!?  Lucky you!  Did she buy one for me?" (Everyone knows I have the largest sweet tooth known to man).
Kayla:  "No, because you're not a kid."
Me:  "Can I be a kid?"
Kayla:  "No, because you're a mom."
Me:  "Well, maybe I could be a kid."
Kayla:  "But then I wouldn't have a mom, and we (her and Matthew) need a mom."

Aw.  So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment