Tuesday, March 10, 2015

20 Weeks

Almost halfway!  I only say almost for two reasons: 1) my first ultrasound dated me five days behind my dates, and 2) because I'm expecting I'll be overdue.  Still crazy that I'm almost halfway.

I'm trying to figure out what my favourite point in pregnancy is.  I think I'm getting close...but not quite there.  Maybe in another six weeks?  I love having a pregnant belly (getting there!) and I love feeling and seeing the baby kick (slowly getting there!), but I don't like feeling uncomfortable at all.

This time around I've only stood on the weigh scale three times, I think.  With Matthew and Kayla it was almost considered 'good' to be gaining a lot of weight so I weighed myself weekly.  With Nathan I also weighed myself almost weekly, just because I was curious.  This time...well, I'd rather not necessarily know how much I'm gaining.  I gained 50 pounds with Matthew and Kayla and 47.5 pounds with Nathan.  That's a lot of weight!  My goal for my pregnancy with Nathan was to gain no more than one pound per week of pregnancy (overall), but clearly I didn't achieve that.  I was already at a pound per week by 15 weeks (with Nathan).  This time, I've only gained 13 pounds so far.  Not bad for being 20 weeks!  Maybe I won't gain quite as much this time :)  Maybe I'll have a smaller baby this time!?!?!  Please?

I seem to remember feeling harder/more frequent kicks already at this point with the others, but it could be that I'm just not remembering correctly.  I am only 20 weeks after all.  I typically feel the most movement in the evening, when I'm sitting on the couch.  When I'm out and about all day long I don't really feel any movements.  I actually saw my stomach move slightly for the first time last night.  Made my evening!

I re-organized my closet the other evening, pushing all of my pre-pregnancy clothes to the back.  I can't really wear any of them anymore, at least not out in public.  I try to change into super comfortable (aka not attractive at all) clothing when I get home each afternoon so that I don't get tired of wearing the same maternity clothes all the time.  Poor Jon will only see me in comfortable clothes for the next five to six (?) months.

 I have my ultrasound on Thursday.  I'm quite excited to see the results, in terms of how Baby Struik is growing.  I like knowing where my babies are above or below average at this point.  I also have to decide whether or not I want to know Baby Struik's gender.  I'm running out of time to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment