Friday, March 13, 2015

It's a....


GIRL!


I had my 'detail' ultrasound yesterday morning.  I called Surrey Prenatal Clinic at four this afternoon and the results were in, so I had them faxed to me.  I still didn't even know at that point if I wanted to find out what the gender of Baby Struik is...but eventually decided to just do it, for Kayla's sake.  At least if it said it was a boy then we would have the next five months to prepare her for another brother, rather than her finding out and have to adjust once her 'brother' arrived.  Kayla was pretty excited that it was a girl.  "I was right, Mom!"  Matthew was pretty cool with it.  "I was wrong, Mom."  He wasn't at all disappointed, which was good.  Nathan threw a huge tantrum.  Kidding.  :)  I wouldn't have put it past him though, with his attitude as of late :)  They each got a pink balloon and we went over to my parents' to show them their balloons.  So excited for 'Miss' Baby Struik, as she will affectionately be called from this point forward.  She'll be such a perfect addition to the family.  And would you believe me if I told you that we've already got her name chosen!?!?!?  And Jon and I actually both agree on this one equally?!?!?!  Yahoo!

Here's the data from the ultrasound report (below).  We were at Valley Imaging in Langley this time (first time ever in Langley for an ultrasound), so we didn't quite receive as many details as we have in the past (and had to pay $12 for the 4 pictures we received!), but I still appreciate having some details, at least.  Looks like this baby is going to be smaller than Nathan!  Please?  :)

DATA
Heart Rate                      Not provided
Lie/Position                   Not provided
Placenta                         Posterior
Est. Fetal Weight           Not provided

MEASUREMENTS
Head Circ.                      168.0 mm   19w1d
BPD                                44.0 mm     18w6d
Abdominal Circ.             143.0 mm   19w1d
Femur                              30.0mm     19w2d

GESTATIONAL AGE
By Last Menstrual Period              20w2d
By Last Ultrasound                        19w4d
By Current Ultrasound                   19w1d

COMMENTS
"There is a single alive intrauterine pregnancy noted with normal fetal detail and amniotic fluid.  The OB measurements correspond to estimated gestation.  The placenta is posterior.  The cervix is normal and measures 3.1cm.  An echogenic focus in the left ventricle equal to bone noted.  This as an isolated finding is of no clinical significance."

3 comments:

  1. 'She' is so perfect. You can even see her fingers. Praying for a healthy rest of the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl - Kayla must be over the moon with excitement! ....... and Mommy & Daddy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome... The family must be overwhelmed with excitement. Can't wait to meet this little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete