Saturday, May 2, 2015

Glucose Tolerance Test

I went today!  I'm pretty proud of myself because I didn't even do the test while pregnant with Nathan, because I just got too busy (it was the summer) and my doctor said it was completely up to me if I wanted to or not.  That time, I chose not to.  This time, because I'm 1.5 years older and had a large baby my last pregnancy I thought it would probably be wise to do the test, just because my chances of having gestational diabetes are increased this time around.  I was actually quite nervous about getting the results.  I have a major sweet tooth.  Major.  There must be some form of chocolate or candy in my daily diet.  It's so bad.  But oh, it tastes so good!  I'm so used to having sweet stuff that drinking a large glass full of a sweet drink at 8:45am didn't even phase me.  I felt like a little kid drinking a glass of stale orange crush.

As I was sitting on the couch tonight eating some five-cent candies I thought that I should probably look up my results on my ehealth.  When I noticed that my results for all of the tests today were flagged for being out of the normal range, I got nervous.  When I looked at the specifics, I noticed that it was just my iron that was super-low (normal is 15-180 ug/L, mine is 9....likely due to me only taking my prenatal vitamins every other day or so I'm assuming), and my glucose test was perfect (normal is 4.4-7.7 mmol/L, mine was 4.9)!  Phew!  I finished eating my five-cent candies with that weight off of my shoulders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment