Tuesday, July 14, 2015

38 Weeks, and a Comparison Between Pregnancies

I cannot believe I'm 38 weeks pregnant already!  Time seems to be flying by now.

I'm doing really well.  The weather seems to have cooled slightly, so I no longer have swollen feet.  The only time I'm feeling uncomfortable is if I have to get off of sitting on the ground.  It's a little awkward, so I don't know why I even sit on the ground in the first place.  

My favourite thing to do is watch Miss Baby Struik punching and kicking me.  If I'm sitting on the couch at home, it's quite likely that my stomach will be bare because I'm watching every single movement, and pushing back at her when she's trying to push out at me.  It's great.  Like each of my other pregnancies, I'm trying to really enjoy every single moment in case this is the last time I'm pregnant.


(Above & Below):  Reclined on the couch, looking down at my belly.



I've finally packed a hospital bag for Miss Baby Struik and have started to gather items for a bag for me.  I'm not expecting to go into labour before my due date, so I still have a couple weeks to get things together.  

Matthew continues to be the most interested in feeling Miss Baby Struik move.  He often will come up to me and will push around on my stomach just to wake her up so he can try to feel her.  Kayla doesn't seem to be as interested, nor has the patience to wait for a kick.  Nathan loves to point to my stomach and say "Baby", and is quite excited that he gets to sit by Miss Baby Struik in the car.

And because I'm a 'numbers' and comparisons kind of person, here is a comparison of me at 38 weeks with all three pregnancies (at 38 weeks because I was induced at 38 weeks with Matthew and Kayla's pregnancy):

Pregnancy #1 Pregnancy #2 Pregnancy #3
Matthew & Kayla Nathan Miss Baby Struik
Pre-Pregnancy Weight: 138lbs 128lbs 133lbs
Weight Gain @ 38 Weeks: 50lbs 44lbs 42lbs
Belly Circumference @ 38 Weeks: 46" 42.5" 43"
Baby Birth Weight(s): 6lb 2oz + 6lb 4oz 10lb 8oz TBD

And some pictures, in order of pregnancy (And yes, I've kept the exact same outfit just so that I could have a picture of me wearing the exact same thing at 38 weeks each time!):




1 comment:

  1. love that you kept the same outfit!! also love bump pictures :)

    ReplyDelete