Saturday, July 11, 2015

Getting Ready for Miss Baby Struik

It's been a busy week over here, getting ready for Miss Baby Struik.  As I did with Nathan, I've been determined to have this house at its cleanest before Miss Baby Struik arrives.  I have a list on the counter of tasks that need to get done, and each day I tackle a few more items on the list.  Now that I'm on maternity leave, the last thing I want to do is feel like I'm just sitting around and not 'working'.  Yesterday, a sale on storage containers at Costco sparked a toy purge and re-organization of the toy room and craft supplies...something that was not even on my 'to-do' list.  When Jon came home from work, he just rolled his eyes at me :).  He knows that every now and then I like to re-organize things...which he tolerates even though it means he can't find things.  

I finally found a take-home outfit for Miss Baby Struik yesterday too, so that's another thing off the list.

Jon tackled our Tahoe today.  We were only using the middle bench for the three car seats, and had the entire back row stored away in our garage.  Today, he took out one of the centre bench seats and put in the back row.  Bye bye, room for groceries, hello four car seats!  We are now able to take Miss Baby Struik home in our Tahoe.  Matthew and Kayla moved to the back row (Kayla in a booster seat, which Matthew was quite upset over.  He's just not quite heavy enough for it yet!), and Nathan moved to the centre of the middle bench, beside 'Baby'.  They were quite excited to sit in their new seats tonight.

A lot done, a lot to do still.  Don't make that delay your arrival though, Miss Baby Struik.  The sooner you would like to meet us, the better :)

1 comment: