Saturday, July 18, 2015

Hayward Lake

I love it when people with kids my kids' age post about awesome things to do with kids in the lower mainland that are free :).  Driving anywhere in our Tahoe costs us a lot of money (that thing guzzles gas like crazy), so if I have to pay admission on top of it I'm typically not interested.

This past week, I took the kids to Hayward Lake with my Mom, Melissa, and Jackson.  We all piled into the Tahoe (to save toll money and gas money!), and left our house at 9am.

What a great lake/beach!  The beach has awesome sand, which worked really well for building sand castles.  The lake had a purely sandy entrance, with very few rocks/pebbles and NO SEAWEED.  I absolutely love lakes where you don't have to 'worry' about where you step (I really, really, really dislike touching seaweed).  It was a tad breezy when we were there, so if Matthew and Kayla were floating they quickly drifted away from our 'area', but other than that, we all had a fantastic time!













3 comments:

  1. Fun! I went to Rolley Lake last year (similar area) but there was definitely seaweed when you got to about chest-deep water!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had planned to go to Hayward Lake on July 4 but instead we went to Alouette Lake. We'll have to try Hayward some time. I miss those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOLD YOU :) Glad you guys checked it out. You'll just have to come visit us when we move to the boonies so we can hang out at the lake!

    ReplyDelete