Wednesday, November 28, 2012

No Nap = Tired Babies

After playing around in their cribs for a solid hour and fifteen minutes yesterday (throwing toys out, making spitting noises, jumping, laughing, crying), I took Matthew and Kayla out of bed.  I had finished everything I was hoping to accomplish (i.e. facebook swap group/hotmail/blog stalking), and so I figured they could just skip their nap and go to bed a little earlier.

I had just finished making dinner yesterday (carrot stumput) when Matthew brought me a book to read.  We sat on the rocking chair and Kayla joined us.  It was a Curious George 'Music Play' book...one where they give you instructions to concentrate reading it to your kids in a real melodic way.  Anyways, it's really short, so I read it twice to them....and then I noticed Matthew's eyes starting to droop.  Knowing that a five minute cat-nap would keep him happy for the rest of the evening, I kept reading and rocking, reading and rocking...and then he fell asleep.  Two minutes later, Kayla had fallen asleep as well.  When Jon came home at 5 I told him to quickly take a picture and then quietly grab dinner while I let them sleep for 10 minutes longer.  He grabbed his dinner and went to the living room to eat.  Little did I know, I fell asleep to.  When I woke up at 5:30 I quickly woke them up.  I wanted to give them a little rest...not a whole nap!  They were BEARS for the next hour...crying and crying and crying.  They didn't stop crying until I convinced them to take a bit of their dinner and I would give them a piece of sausage.  So that's how they ate...bite of dinner, bit of sausage....and they ate SO MUCH.  I swear they ate more than what I had eaten.  I was impressed.  At the rate Kayla's going she's going to be getting chubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment