Friday, January 26, 2018

Potty Training Olivia - Day 2

Today was much like yesterday.

When she woke up Jon quickly ran to put her on the potty (I was in the shower) and discovered that she had already pooped.  I was a little bit relieved because then I knew I wouldn't have to worry about her pooping during the day.  She didn't do pee on the potty; she had probably done it in her diaper already.  We put her in underwear and I went about the craziness of getting everyone ready and out the door for school.  I didn't pay any attention to her or watch her at all, so it's no surprise that she peed in her underwear around 8:20am.  Kind of nice because then I knew she would be dry for school drop off and I took her in her underwear.

At 11:40am she did pee on the potty, after multiple attempts everyone minute just before that.  She definitely knows when she has to go, but just can't remember how to release her pee instantly.  She stood up once she started peeing which made a bit of a mess.

She couldn't pee before school pick-up, so I put a diaper over her underwear and gave her the iPad to play on during the car ride to keep her awake.  I took the potty in the car and tried to get her to pee on it at the school, around 2:45pm, but she couldn't.

She managed to stay dry until 3:40pm when she did a large pee on the potty without a mess!  Once again, she was on and off the potty for the fifteen minutes leading up to it so she knows that she has to go.

Olivia didn't pee again until 7:00pm, but half was in her underwear and then she ran to the potty and did the other half.  I knew she had to go (and she knew it, too), but she was too stubborn to sit on the potty when I told her to.  I put a diaper and pajamas on her and she was dry when she went to bed at 8:00pm.  It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment