Wednesday, February 27, 2013

8 Weeks

Typing out "8 weeks" as the title makes it sound like I'm not very far at all in the pregnancy...which I'm not...but I feel like I've been pregnant forever and that it's time for me to be in the second trimester already.  The problem with being told you are pregnant when you're 4.5 weeks pregnant makes the first trimester SO VERY LONG.  I'm tired of the unknown.  The last time I was 8 weeks pregnant I still lost it.  Sigh.  I want to be 14 weeks pregnant RIGHT NOW.

Other than trying to keep myself emotionally UNinvested in this pregnancy, at least for the next month, I've been doing really well :)  

Symptoms so Far

HUNGRY?  I definitely have to eat more often, or I get light-headed.

CRAVINGS?  Salty foods.  Chips are absolutely delicious :)  My Valentine's Day chocolate is just sitting in my cupboard, untouched by me, which is a rare occurence.

POOR SLEEPS AT NIGHT?  Not poor...but I don't sleep through the night anymore.  I'm usually up once or twice to pee.

MORNING SICKNESS? Not at all. 

WEIGHT GAIN?  1 lb

MILD CRAMPING?  Not really.  I can 'feel' my uterus if I've been doing too much...but that seldom happens.

TENDER BREASTS?  Yes, which I don't remember with my other two pregnancies...but maybe I've just forgotten and didn't want to include too much information in the blog entries at the time.

TIRED?  Yes, a bit, but in my defence it's been SO busy.  I had to switch from working 6 hours on Mondays and 11 hours on Wednesdays to 3 hours on Mondays, 11 hours on Wednesdays, and 3 hours on Fridays.  It's amazing how being at work at extra day can really make life busy.  Kayla has definitely felt the effect of me being gone three times a week.  She's way more clingy and whiney when I'm around - which would exhaust anyone!

SHOWING?  At night, definitely yes...to me at least.  The general public would likely just think I've got a belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment