Sunday, February 17, 2013

Testing Time Outs

**This is the second post tonight...so don't miss the one below!*

Matthew had his first encounter with time outs today...and I got the complete opposite reaction from him than I did from Kayla a few days ago.

Matthew and Kayla were at my parents', playing with some toys (plastic boards with holes that you push plastic 'thumbtack-like' pieces into to make pictures/designs) on the table.  Matthew started to throw them off the table, scattering them all over the floor.  I warned him not to, and he did it again anyways.  I sent him to the time-out corner, and he cheerfully walked over there.  He didn't try to leave.  After I let him out he went right back to the table and did it again.  I warned him again, but he kept doing it, so back to time-out he (cheerfully) went.  After I let him out he went right back to the table and did it again.  Before I could say anything, we cheerfully walked right back to the time-out corner.  What a STINKER.

Later in the evening he was sticking plastic foods in the slats under my parents' gas fireplace.  After being warned to stop, I put him in time-out, on the step.  He right away stood up.  I sat him down.  He stood up and giggled.  I sat him down and he giggled.  I stopped, because it obviously had become a game for him, and walked away.  He watched me, and stood up, laughing.  And then kept craning his neck so that he could see me because he knew he was making me laugh.  What a STINKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment