Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Not Going to Do It

This is the second post this evening...so if you didn't read the first one, I would recommend you do.  (I know...two posts in one evening!)

If you've ever gone through any fertility treatments then you've likely definitely googled every single person on the entire planet's experience with it.  You think I'm a bad facebook stalker?  Introduce Stalker Laura 2.0...the one that stalks everybody's day-to-day experience with embryo transfers.  Every single time I go through IVF or a FET (not that it's been a ton, but I'm up to #3 so cut me some slack!), I google the sh*t out of it.  Reading others' blogs and experiences is super comforting...makes you feel like you're not the only one out there...that there are actually people that get it 100%.  It's great when you read an entry and you think "that's EXACTLY" what I'm feeling (either emotionally or physically) right now.  It's great.  The positive experiences are the best to read about.

Anyways, so being the Stalker Laura 2.0 that I am, I just completed my nightly ritual of googling 8dp5dt (8 days past 5 day transfer).  One of the first blogs I read was from a lady who tested positive, and then started spotting, and then found out two days later that it was a chemical pregnancy.

So, to save myself a little bit of grief if I can...I've made my decision.  I will not be testing myself.  (Well, at least not tomorrow).  I'm going to try to make it to Monday.  Why ruin a perfectly good weekend?

3 comments:

  1. you can do it laura- tomorrow is thursday, which is so close to friday, which is pretty much the weekend, and the weekends always fly by! hang in there. in the mean time, i think your blog could use a new cover photo of m&k, ...but you probably don't have any pictures of them on your computer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura, you have such will power! But I totally understand why you wouldn't take the test. Been thinking of you guys lots. Hoping for GREAT results on Monday! And in the future, you can order pregnancy tests for like $1 each online. They are the kind that you have to dip in your pee, but they work just as well as the $10 kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura!

    Ha ha. I definitely know what you mean about googling every person on the planet to compare experiences. Been there, done that :) Hold out for Monday, b/c even if you took the test today and it came back negative then you'd have to spend the whole weekend wondering if you just tested too early and you wouldn't know either way anyhow. FYI, though, Dollarama sells pregnancy tests that are totally accurate. Good luck!!! Tracy

    ReplyDelete