Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Here we go again...

I received a surprise visit from Aunt Flo today.  Was not expecting her at all...after all, I was only on cycle day 27.   27.  I don't think I've ever cycled less than 27 days before.  Ever.  I was expecting my period next week, not this week.  I'm assuming my shorter-than-normal cycle is still an after-effect of the failed embryo transfer and lighter period that followed that.

Anyways, I called Genesis to see if we still had the go-ahead to do our last frozen embryo transfer with this cycle, or if they wanted me to wait another one.  The nurse said that my shorter cycle is not concerning to them at all, and we are free to go ahead.  So, here we go again!  I'm definitely not emotionally/mentally prepared for this cycle at all....you know me, I don't do well with last-minute things...I like to have a plan always.  Although, maybe I am prepared for this emotionally/mentally because I'm 100% NOT counting on it working.  Praying to God that yes, it IS is will for this one to work, but definitely not expecting it to.  No sense getting my hopes up anymore.

Here's the timeline for this transfer:
January 2 - January 8 (Days 1-7):
2mg Estrace (estrogen supplement) taken twice per day (4mg total)

January 9 onwards (Days 8+):
2mg Estrace taken three times per day (6mg total)

January 15 - 8:00am:
Ultrasound at Genesis to measure my uterine lining

Sometime after January 15 (probably January 20):
1 Endometrin (progesterone supplement) tablet 3 times a day (vaginally), 2mg Estrace taken twice per day (4mg total)

Probably January 23 or 24:  Embryo Transfer!

Probably February 5:  Pregnancy test at Lifelabs

So, there we go!  It's going to be a LONG month again.

No comments:

Post a Comment