Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ultrasound

This entry is going to be quite short and sweet, due to the fact that I've either been laying in bed or throwing up in the toilet for the past 3.5 hours.  No clue where this sickness came from...it just appeared out of the blue at lunch time, and I held on until Jon finished cooking dinner before I retreated to my bedroom/bathroom.

Anyways, I went to Genesis this morning for an ultrasound to measure my uterine lining.  It's looking good - 11.4mm!  Unfortunately, Dr. Hitkari also noticed I have a large follicle in my ovary (16mm  in diameter) so I had to get bloodwork done to measure the amount of progesterone it's producing, if any.  The estrace I take each day is supposed to prevent my follicles from growing/releasing, so to find one is a bit of a shock.  If the follicle is producing progesterone, then this cycle is cancelled as the progesterone will interfere with the frozen embryo transfer.  If the follicle is not producing progesterone, then we can carry on with the procedure and the follicle will not be released at all.

I got the call around noon saying that my bloodwork came back fine, so we are okay to carry on.

So...

...my transfer is on Monday, January 21.  Yes, a few days earlier than I expected which messes up my plans for work/activities next week, but oh well, we'll make do.

Here's hoping and praying that our last little embryo survives the thawing process!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura, been thinking about you lots. Praying that the transfer goes well, and that you are granted much peace and patience!

    ReplyDelete