Wednesday, October 9, 2013

40 Weeks

Now would be a perfect time for Baby Struik to make an appearance...I don't think my house has ever been tidier.  That's what happens when my Mom picks up Matthew and Kayla to take them to Muffin Morning at the church and then offers to keep them for lunch and their naps and I no longer have a job I have to go to.  I called it "Project Clean Up Sh*t Around the House".  Ha!  It's all the little piles of things to be sorted and the random jobs on my to-do list that never get done that I felt obligated to get done to productively pass time.  Every time I sat down to check my e-mail I had guilty feeling come over me that my Mom was watching the kids and I was slacking.  Ha!  No more random little jobs need to be done around here now!  My last major move-in project that would ideally still get done before Baby Struik arrives is to clean all of our blinds.  That was my intention for today...but I conveniently found all the little side project jobs to do first.  

And don't say that I'm nesting - because I'm not.  I always try to be productive...I just haven't had many opportunities to.  And I'm only cleaning the house because it was not very clean when we moved in...so what better time to clean then when you know your life is about to get a whole lot busier, in a different sort of busy way.

It's also easy to clean when Matthew and Kayla are around because they love to help.  They were actually getting upset with me when I forgot to let them vacuum.  And then they used a Swiffer to wash my floors...and my walls...and "the lights because they're dirty".  I think they know how to clean better than me because they watch my Mom clean all the time.  How sad is it that my two year olds think to wash the walls even before I do?  Sigh.  

Anyways, I forgot to have Jon take a picture tonight...conveniently.  I'm in grubby clothes and wearing glasses so I look terrible.  He'll have to take it tomorrow :).  

Only gained one pound this week...woot woot...up to 46 pounds now.  Belly circumference is now 44".

If I don't have to go into the office tomorrow for a quick meeting then the plan is to take Matthew and Kayla swimming at the rec centre, followed by lunch and then my doctor's appointment.  Baby Struik can wait one more day so that I at least can take Matthew and Kayla swimming one last time...otherwise it might be a while before they get an opportunity to go again.  My Mom would say "screw swimming - come on baby!" (in a less vulgar way).  I think she's more impatient than I am.  Probably because she doesn't have to deliver this baby.

The only thing I'm nervous about is the fact that after Matthew and Kayla were born I vowed to never give birth again...and here I am.  I've obviously completely forgotten how horrible it is.  Oh well, Baby Struik will all be worth it!  

1 comment:

  1. When we get back from Vanderhoof, we'll for sure take the kids swimming again. They had so much fun, and it will give your guys a break. Happy delivery, praying for a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete