Monday, October 7, 2013

I Forgot I was Pregnant...

...until I took a short little jog through Superstore's parking lot.

Other than not really sleeping that great at night, I've been feeling great.  We had a bit of a rushed morning this morning trying to get out of the house by 8:45am so that we could go to StrongStart.  Matthew and Kayla slept until 8:10am this morning because they are behind on sleep, and so we rushed to make it to Langley Meadows Elementary School for StrongStart, only to find out that StrongStart has been cancelled for another week.  Sigh.  The original plan was to do some errands after StrongStart, so we just headed straight to SuperStore instead.  I was a few paces behind my Mom and Matthew and Kayla in the parking lot, so I decided to jog to catch up.  BIG MISTAKE.  After that, the pain/pressure on my cervix (?) was actually quite uncomfortable.  I persevered through errands, and thank goodness Matthew and Kayla were crashing quickly during lunch so I didn't feel bad putting them down for their naps 45 minutes earlier than usual (I guess that's what a late night followed by a day with no nap will do to them!).  I took advantage of them being down and laid on the couch, as per the instructions I found from googling it.  I felt significantly better when Matthew and Kayla awoke at 2:30pm.  Not 100%, but at least at 80% and able to carry on with the day.  I guess the pressure of Baby Struik on me during my 10 second jog was enough to remind me that I have a fully-cooked baby inside (and one that is in no rush to make an appearance).  Here's hoping I have a better sleep tonight so I can recuperate fully - I have things to do this week still!  :)

1 comment: