Sunday, October 20, 2013

First Day at Home

We've been home for 24 hours now, and as chaotic as it has been trying to resume our regular routine while entertaining visitors, it could have been a whole lot worse.  Why?  Well, Nathan has been asleep for about 18.5 of the last 19 hours.  Honestly.  We've barely seen his eyes today!  I'm nervous for tonight!  Last night he thought that 2am was a great time to be awake...and he wouldn't let me go back to sleep until 5am.  Here's hoping he's just catching up from a busy delivery day and needs to sleep all through the night tonight :).  The only down-side to him sleeping all day was that I had a heck of a time trying to breastfeed him because nothing would wake him up.  And even if he did wake up, he would latch on, take a few sucks, and fall right back asleep.  Luckily for him (and me!) that he has to be topped up with formula at each feed so after trying to (unsuccessfully) breastfeed him, he got the comfort of a bottle that just poured the milk into his mouth, without much effort.  I pulled out my breast pump so that I could still give him the colostrum with his formula and to encourage my milk to come in.  Starting tomorrow, when real life resumes again, I won't be so easy on him!  I think my milk is starting to come in and once it has he won't be topped up with formula, so he better find the energy to suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment