Friday, July 20, 2012

16 Months Old!

Matthew:

  • weighs 20 lb 12 oz.  He caught up quite a bit to Kayla these past two months...which confirms my suspicion that he went through a growth spurt.
  • Recognizes when an airplane is flying overhead and points to it
  • is almost walking - he won't go himself, but if you encourage him to he'll go
  • loves throwing toys through the baby gate and down the stairs...or through the deck spindles and onto the grass ...or through the front window and onto the grass
  • learned how to play "Peek A Boo"
  • will stick out his tongue if you ask him to
  • loves jumping up and down in his crib (holding onto the railing).  He usually spends 5-10 minutes jumping before he falls asleep
  • loves the green sand shovel.  You would think that it was the only shovel we own...but they have 8, I think.  Thanks, Michelle, for only giving one green shovel for their birthday...this toy is a constant source of fighting and tears!   :)
  • LOVES blueberries.  I think he ate 30 for snack today?  He ate so many the other day that his poop was blue.
  • enjoys all fruits
  • sometimes forgets to swallow his food, but keeps adding more to his mouth, resulting in a packed mouthful of half-chewed food that he can no longer swallow.  If he's stubborn I have to dig it out with my finger...but most often he will spit it out into my hand if I put it by his mouth.
  • gets eaten alive by mosquitoes
  • is really good at giving (open-mouthed) kisses
  • likes to hit me because I pretend-yelp in response.  Not a good thing to start, I know.
  • is always the first one awake in the morning.  He just lays there for a bit, talking, and then eventually stands up and waits for someone to get him.
  • would carry around a small ball or round rock in his hand all day if he could
Kayla:
  • weighs 21 lb 11 oz
  • loves throwing toys through the baby gate and down the stairs...or through the deck spindles and onto the grass...or through the front window and onto the grass
  • mimics everything I do.  She'll pick up a dish cloth and wipe her mouth or will wipe tables and the floor
  • mimics everything I do, but to Matthew.  She'll pick up a dish cloth and wipe his mouth.  Matthew dumped sand on his shoulder this afternoon so I brushed it off.  Kayla purposely dumped sand on Matthew's shoulder so that she could brush it off.  I took off his shoes this evening, dumped out the sand, and then brushed off his socks.  Kayla then started to brush off his socks.  I put my hand by Matthew's mouth so that he would spit out his food.  Kayla then puts her hand by his mouth.
  • loves grabbing my brush off on the bathroom counter and brushing everyone's hair.  Poor Matthew gets whacked on the head everytime Kayla tries to brush his hair.
  • eats best when she can feed herself.  I've given up on fighting with her over eating.  If she won't eat, then she doesn't get to eat.  I don't force it any more.  She was only eating a bite or two for breakfast for about a week, until I gave her her own spoon to use as well.  While she's scooping herself a bite of oatmeal cereal, I sneak a bite into her mouth.  Works like a charm.  
  • loves frozen peas.
  • started talking differently this week...it's like an alien language.  Super cute.
  • gives really good hugs
  • is always the last one awake, whether it be in the morning or from a nap
  • always has to hand you everything in her crib, one by one, when she wakes up

No comments:

Post a Comment