Sunday, July 15, 2012

Matthew's Standing....Kinda

Yesterday we celebrated Oma Bomhof's 80th birthday with a huge family get together at Abbotsford Christian School (Elementary).  The weather was perfect!  The older kids enjoyed a 100ft long slip 'n' slide down the huge hill...Matthew and Kayla even got a couple runs down with Jon!  We spent a lot of time at the playground.  Kayla has now mastered the "big kid" swing, holding on all by herself!

While we were at the "little kids" playground, I was watching Kayla climb up the slide structure to go down the slide, when Jon suddenly called my attention to Matthew, who was standing all by himself!  He would stand up, crouch down to pick up some gravel, stand up again, crouch down again, etc.  I was so proud!  I tried to get him to show my parents this afternoon, but he wouldn't.  Matthew, Kayla, and I spent some time just before dinner collecting the walnuts that are falling from our front tree.  I was walking along with Matthew, and then when he would squat down to pick one up I would let go of his hand so that he would stand up himself, and he did!  He did it quite a few times.  Looks like he'll be walking before Penticton (he better be, for his own happiness!!).

1 comment: