Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Last 24 Hours...

...seem like a blur.  In a good way, I guess.  I feel like I've completely moved on from the events of yesterday, and life is carrying on like normal.  It doesn't even seem real to me that I was pregnant yesterday, but now am not.  I feel like I wasn't even pregnant.  It's weird.  I guess it helps that I wasn't far enough along for us to make any purchases/changes for the baby.  Life just continues.

I spent 3 hours in the ER today getting a follow-up ultrasound done and then waiting for the doctor to review it and discuss it to me.  Luckily I was prepared with a puzzle book, some food, and some water, so the time passed fairly quickly.  I was told that my uterus is emptied, so I didn't need a D&C.  

Maybe my grieving is less because I can look forward to using our frozen embryos, which will have scheduled appointments and transfer dates, rather than the unknown of "will we be pregnant this month or next month or the month after" etc.  

Or maybe it's just because I'm not an overly-emotional person.

Either way, I'm glad that we've moved on and look forward to what the next months bring.

**The only thing I don't like thinking about is the fact that my baby was alive in the morning, and then dead by the evening.  I wish we could know what went wrong...** 

No comments:

Post a Comment