Friday, July 13, 2012

9 Weeks

I've had a difficult time mustering up the desire (courage?) to make an entry for pregnancy #2.  Maybe it's because once I've blogged about it, then there's no turning back emotionally, whether this pregnancy works out or not?  I have a huge fear of getting emotionally vested into this pregnancy, and then having a miscarriage.  I cannot wait until I'm in the second trimester and then I can breathe a little easier again.  Anyways, in all fairness to child #3 who has yet to have an entry...here we go!


I'm feeling good.  I've noticed this past week that I'm definitely more tired, so I try to have at least one short nap a day while Matthew and Kayla are napping, and I try to be in bed by 10pm.  I only get a little nauseous if I haven't eaten in the last couple hours.  Like my pregnancy with Matthew and Kayla, I crave salty foods.  That was actually one of my very first symptoms, although I didn't clue into it until after we found out I was pregnant.  I realized I had eaten chips a couple times that week, while my chocolate-covered blueberries just sat on the counter untouched.  Usually it's the other way around.  I just finished some BBQ Crispers and had bacon and eggs for breakfast so my salty cravings are still there.


I've gained about 3 pounds so far.  I'm definitely showing quicker with this pregnancy than with Matthew and Kayla.  Luckily, I show much more in the evening so my colleagues haven't figured it out  yet (I don't think!).  


I'm having really crappy sleeps at night.  It's not uncommon for me to be awake five times a night.  I get out to do pee (and sometimes eat) during one of the times, but the other times I just toss and turn trying to find a cool spot in the bed.  It's been really sunny the past week, so I'm feeling extra warm all the time.  It's gross.  Not to mention the fact that I can't take an allergy pill so some days I'm a complete wreck due to my constant sneezing.  Oh well, the allergy season is almost over.


I had a doctor's appointment yesterday to confirm the pregnancy and to get requisitions for bloodwork and ultrasounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment