Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Threatened Miscarriage

Scary time over here in the Struik household.  I started lightly spotting/bleeding and had mild  cramping last night  that carried over to the morning so I called in sick to work and made an appointment to see my family doctor right away (I'm in the process of being referred to an OB-GYN, but not quite there yet so that's why it's still my family doctor).  Anyways, the doctor wasn't quite sure what to make of my symptoms and decided to take me over to his Laser & Skin Care clinic because they have an ultrasound machine they use there when doing work with leg veins.  It was an older machine, but he found the baby, and the baby's heart was beating away, so he's classified me as having a "threatened miscarriage" right now.  Thank goodness we weren't able to go camping with Jon's family so that we would be close to my doctor and then comforts of home!  Some things are meant to be.  I've been told to take it easy and rest, so I've put myself on bed (couch) rest for the next while.  My mom will take the kids in the morning until Jon is done teaching summer school at noon, and then he takes over from there.  Meanwhile, I just lay on the couch and do nothing.  Boring!  It's only been half a day and I'm already going nuts.  Poor Jon - he has to tend to my wants/needs as well as Matthew and Kayla's.  I've googled everything there is to do with threatened miscarriages and have concluded that I have a 50/50 chance of keeping this baby.  If the bleeding/cramping gets worse, then I need to see my family doctor again ASAP, or go to emergency if it's during the night.  If it gets better, then I'll go to my ultrasound that had already been booked for August 1st (8 days away).  It's going to be a looooooong week I think.  I just keep telling myself that this is not in my hands at all...there's nothing I can do...it's God's will that will be done now...but it's hard none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment