Sunday, July 4, 2010

Check-Up #2

Once again, we just got back from our second check-up. The blood test went smoothly; they were able to get enough blood from the first poke into my arm.

Dr. Hitkari performed the internal ultrasound today. He's so nice! He said everything is looking good and we are continuing with the same dosage of drugs. That itself was music to my ears!

My follicle measurements (in mm) for today are:

Right: 15, 14.5, 14, 14, 13.5, 13.5, 13
Left: 16.5, 14, 13.5, 12, 10

I'm thinking that because the follicle count is lower he didn't measure anything smaller than 10 (the doctor last time did).

I'm not allowed to do physical exercise anymore because my ovaries are quite large. It will be hard, but hopefully it's worth it in the end.

With each positive check-up I'm finding myself getting more and more hopeful that this will work. I feel like I'm the Bachelorette...scared to give my whole heart away for fear of it being rejected. By getting hopeful that this will work I'm exposing my emotions to the possibility of being hugely disappointed. Scary stuff. Like I said to Jon on the drive home this morning, "It's in God's hands, there's nothing we can do but pray."

1 comment:

  1. the bachelorette...haha! We're praying it works to, but also praying if it doesn't you guys will get thru it!

    ReplyDelete