Friday, July 9, 2010

Egg Fertilization Results

I am feeling SO much better this morning. I took my last extra strength Tylenol last night at 10:00pm and haven't taken any since. I have minor pains every now and then (every couple hours), but it's nothing worth taking medication for. I'm just concentrating on taking it easy and not moving around too much (*sigh* I can't vacuum OR clean the bathroom now lol).

A nurse from Genesis Fertility Clinic called me with an update on our eggs.

Of the 13 eggs they retrieved yesterday, 11 were mature. That means that the 2 immature eggs would never fertilize. Of the 11 "fertilizable" eggs, 10 had fertilized! Yahoo! It's comforting to know that there is nothing genetically wrong with Jon or I that would prevent fertilization.

We won't hear from Genesis tomorrow, but they will call us around 8:30am on Sunday morning to let us know whether they are going to transfer the embryos that day (day 3) or on Tuesday (day 5). I believe there are pros and cons to transferring on either day, so the doctors make the best decision they can. We're pretty excited.

I didn't go to work today (but have been working from home *so nice!*. I worked 4.5 hours yesterday and 2.25 hours today), so that's two days in a row that I've called in "sick" (my boss and one of my colleagues are in on everything that's happening, so they're helping keep my sick story believable). Apparently those that don't know are quite concerned because I NEVER take ANY sick time. I think last year I took 0.5 days off because I had bad cramps lol. If the transfer is on Sunday then I won't be able to go to work on Monday for sure (maybe Tuesday?). If the transfer is on Tuesday then I'll go to work on Monday and then be "sick" again on Tuesday and Wednesday? Man, I have to think of a better story next time lol. I just don't really want people to know yet because if/when it doesn't work...hmm...let's not go there.

Jon and I will be in Cultus Lake this weekend so we'll get the phone call there on Sunday. I'm glad it's nice weather finally!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow it's so crazy that it's happening already! So crazy that there are 10 of them!!

    ReplyDelete