Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Check-Up #3

These early morning check-ups are killing me! Luckily this was the last one! That's right, the last one! The female doctor that measured by follicles was quite impressed. I quote, "we would have been happy with just your right ovary, but we still your left one too!" and "Beautiful!" :)

My follicle measurements (in mm) this visit were:
Right: 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 16, 15.5, 15, 14, <10 (x3)
Left: 20, 16, 15, 14, 13, <10 (x2)

Our egg retrieval is scheduled for 9:00am Thursday morning. We have to check in at 8:00am, get me prepped, and then Jon has to give his semen sample at 8:30am (no pressure! lol). The procedure itself usually only takes about 15 minutes, and they said I should be out of there before noon.

Here's praying that everything goes smoothly and that I have no side effects from the retrieval!

I find I do most of my praying while driving to work, along Harvie Road. This morning I was telling God that "it's all in his Hands" (or was I telling myself that, trying to settle my nerves?). It's going to be a rough few weeks until we find out the results of the blood test (pregnant or not) and then (hopefully?) a nervous couple of months after that until we're in the 2nd trimester. I'm trying to think only one day at a time but it difficult not to get excited and skip ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Jon and Laura, we are praying for you that the retrieval will be successful, and that the outcome will be a healthy pregnancy! Your folicles are looking good, nice and ripe. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday morning.

    ReplyDelete